Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Thought: 05

So,
As I’m sure you have all (2 of you) been waiting to hear whether or not I chose Germany or Istanbul, I’ve decided to satiate your addiction, and you let you know that I am, in fact, foregoing a visit to Istanbul.

I know.

I know.

Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence.

‘Tis a sad, sad day when one chooses not to visit Istanbul. However, it was logistically impossible…in every way. Most simply, I want this trip to be fun, stress-free and as relaxing as possible. I knew that if I really wanted to get to Istanbul, it’d be a long and hard trip there and back, to see more of the places I wanted to go. If this was a 2 month trip, it’d be a very different story. And you better believe that next time I come back to Europe, Istanbul will be the #1 place on my itinerary. Well, Istanbul and London. Actually, all the places I’ll still want to go to will be in completely different regions from each other. I really want to visit Spain, the UK, Scandinavia and Istanbul. Well, there ya go. That’ll be one hell of a trip. Or 4 amazingly different trips  In other words, I want to go eventually visit every single country in Europe. Including Ukraine, Lithuania, Albania, Malta, Cyprus, Portugal, and all the other itty bitty ones out there. Except Luxembourg, I guess. Yeah, screw Leichtenstein too.

In fact, I’m gonna make a list-based post very soon about all the different trips I want to take. Oh man that’s gonna be a fun list.

Anyway, now that I’m not going that far east, I’ll thankfully be able to rely less on night-trains, or super-long distance trains, and spend more time in the cities I still plan on visiting. In short, that will be Croatia (6 days: Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb), Bosnia (2 days: Mostar), Hungary (3 days: Budapest), Czech Republic (3 days: Prague and Czesky Krumlov), Poland (3 days: Krakow and Auschwitz), then Germany (4 days, not sure exactly where yet).

Good thing I photocopied 100 pages out of Jessica’s book entirely devoted to Istanbul.

Until we meet again,

- Josh A

No comments:

Post a Comment