Monday, August 16, 2010

Random Thought: 07

Heya,

So, I got 12.5 hours of sleep last night. I know. It was pretty much the greatest night of my life...which is saying a lot about this trip apparently lol. Anyway I was watching an episode of the Anatomy where Meredith was only slightly annoying, and I could hardly keep my eyes open. So at 9:30 (!!) I full-on went to bed. I slept until after 10:00 this morning. So then I went around exploring Diocletian's Palace.

This thing is something that you need to see to actually get. It's like, you walk in, and it's like the Acropolis in Athens...but three times the size. Every wall is ancient, crumbling stone. But, within the stone, people are working and living and shit. And it's not just like, fruit stands and tabbachi, there are full-on banks, shoe stores, four star restaurants, etc. Some of these have the original ambience of stonewalls/floors, some don't. Some are in the middle. For instance, there's a Bank with computers and desks and glass dividers...but the steps and back wall are original. So cool.

Anyway, that was enough to keep me occupied for two hours. But then I started to really sweat, so I went to the beach. I laid there for 4 hours, reading from Childhood's End, but Arthur C. Clarke. Ever read it? It seemed weird because it's about aliens, and I was like uuuuugh nothing can be as good as Animorphs, so what's the point, but it's way good. Like, everyone should read it, and it's only 200 pages. After 4 hours, the caucasian Josh was gone. Mexican Josh is back. I have a feeling more people are going to start mistaking me for some kind of Asian. Just in time for Asia!

Did you hear about the plane that broke in half? Ugh. Anyway, I think I may book a guided tour for India, any suggestions?

Love,
Josh A

No comments:

Post a Comment