Friday, October 8, 2010

Random Thought: 30

The following was written on August 7th

Holy shit.

It’s 5:44 AM and I’m in the Chennai airport. This airport fucking sucks. Like, it’s all right in that I can get out my laptop and I don’t feel like I’m gonna get jumped…but there’s nothing to do here. There’s literally like 1 duty-free shop and then a little magazine booth. There’s one teeny tiny little Snack Bar…and they were out of Pepsi. So I got a Sprite and it cost 70 rupees.

Can you imagine going to LAX or some shit and ordering a coke and then hearing the attendant say ‘that’ll be 70 bucks.’ ?? No. India is so fecked up. I am totally over this fecking country right now. LETS GO THAILAND!!!

Can you even believe I’m gonna be in Thailand by this evening? In fact, I’m probably there right now, if you’re reading this. What the feck am I doing?!?! SERIOUSLY?! AM I SERIOUSLY GOING TO BANGKOK?! Holy shit. Who am I?! I don’t have any business going to Thailand! I’m so stupid. This is all so very stupid…why did I think it was a good idea to put all of this together again?! I’m semi-worried I’m going to arrive at my hotel this evening and just instantly miss my friends and regret leaving India at all…but I am also looking forward to the possibility of pampering myself within my four star hotel for the next 5 days.

Seriously. Like, Europe was all about sight-seeing. Ya know? Like, go go go go church get on the train another church new train take the metro museum palace back to hostel up early to go to the beach then see some ruins than onto the train next town time to eat – no time more churches - another museum whooo I’m exhausted. I got over that soon enough and was ready for India. Though I knew it’d be insane, I was looking forward to staying in one place and getting comfortable and familiar for 4 weeks. I did that, but India was SOOOO exhausting and stressful and ridiculous and stupid, that, like I said in my last post, it was really work. Amazing, wonderful work. Southeast Asia is gonna be about fun and relaxation. FECK yes. I’m sleeping in every single day, and I’m never once going to take the attitude of ‘oh my gosh there’s just so much to do today’. I’m gonna eat my pad thai, get massaged, watch movies on my flat screen plasma TV/DVD player provided in my room, sit at the pool, work out at the gym and then sightsee casually. It’s gonna be aaaawwweeeesome. And I’m gonna be in and out of airports so much over the next couple weeks I NEED to rest, ya know? Time to pamper.

On the other hand…even though I’m ready to head the F out of here ASAP…I did finally get to the point where I feel like I can do whatever I want while I’m here. I finally got over the fear of leaving my room, and the fear of going places on my own. I know. I was like, 6 years old. But I’m just saying, even though I’m still very happy I chose to cut out a month from my travels and not travel all around India…I could if I wanted. So, I’m now just more confident that I’ll come back again.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and I’m so damn bored…UGH these next two weeks are gonna be hell. I have 4 mile-high journeys ahead of me (including the one I will board in an hour) in the next 16 days and every single one of them includes a night spent at the airport…I’m gonna arrive at Chicago and need to be taken home with an adrenaline drip in my right arm. Like how am I gonna do this? You know Jackie’s gonna be all ‘so ya wanna get up at 7 tomorrow to explore Bali?’ and I’m gonna be all ‘Uuuuuh how about you go to hell….fine.’ Hi Jackie!

My white person count as of today at this airport has been really high. Where are all the white people going? I’m in the domestic terminal.

Oh, and hi Mark Birch! Are you still reading? If so, sorry I never responded. Shit’s crazy. But I already miss your daughter.
- Josh A

No comments:

Post a Comment